Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012

Outside Temp: 43 F (it was threatening rain most of the afternoon, but only dropped a few drops.  I actually LOVE this kind of weather!)

What I cooked today:
Papa Murphy's Pizza: We brought back bake at home pizza for the kids from Great Falls.  Since we didn't get back until almost 9pm, I knew that we wouldn't have time to make a 'real' dinner.  The kids love pizza, so this worked just fine.

Update:
THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!  Woo Hoo!

I actually think I might be more excited than the kids, since it means that I don't have to wake up at 7am every morning, and try to get 3 kids (sometimes 4) ready for the bus!  And the kids can stay up as late as they want, without me telling them to go to bed (while it's still light outside!).  Right now, two of them are sitting in my bed, reading their books.  And it's 11:22pm.  Hehehe, I love this!

Today was fun!  Our superintendent made Philly Steak Sandwiches for the community.  Of course, it gives us an excuse to chat with people around Geyser, which is always fun. 

The kids got a whole mass of awards at their 'awards ceremony' today. 

Allen got certificates for: Basketball, Track, National Geography Bee, Music, Regional Math Contest and (my favorite) Scholastic Challenge (I have no idea what this one is for) .

Connor got certificates for: Basketball, Music, National Geography Bee, Scholastic Challenge, Reading (for earning 372.1 AR points, which is about 25-30 books this year!), Best Listener (for willingness to listen to classmates) and (my favorite) Best Writer (for his powers with a pen). 

Katie got certificates for: Music, National Geography Bee, Little Wolverine (basketball), Most AR points for the year (139.6 points), Independent Reader, Super Reader and (my favorite) Best Poet.

Granted, I think everyone in Music got one for music.  For sports, they got one for participation.  And the Nat. Geo was for all the participants (although Allen did win, so he got an extra one).  But the others are for their actual strengths!  I love it!

After school, Patrick and I headed into town, since he needed some wood to finish the chicken coop.  We stopped and picked up supper, and more chicken scratch, some groceries and supplies for the coop.  Then, we stopped at Office Max to look over the tablets.  Let me just say, the Asus TF300 tablet is very cool!  It has a docking station, that makes it behave like a regular laptop (with a keyboard, and stuff like that).  But then you can detach and use it like a tablet.  We've been thinking about a birthday present for Connor, and this would be perfect (if it wasn't $550).  Hmmm, perhaps I can think of a business reason to buy it...  I'm sure we need to develop some software for a tablet, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment