Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 35 F (we had a freak snow storm this afternoon, while it was 48 degrees... Not quite sure I understand that one...)

What I cooked today:
Tacos (and leftover pizza!): We had pizza from last night, and since I only had a few tortilla, I just made a small amount of taco meat, and gave everyone a choice.  It worked out well, since I wanted pizza, I got pizza, and I didn't really care what everyone else did.  Does that make me bad?

Update:
Ryan has been asking to go see the Avengers for weeks now.  We were under the impression that it started last week, so we figured the crowd would have died down.  We headed into town around noon, to catch a 1:15 showing.  We got there about 25 minutes early, so I stopped at picked up burgers for the kids before heading over to the theater. 

Stupid move, although it may not have made a difference.  By the time we got there, there was a line about 50 feet out the door.  Ugh, not a good sign, but I thought, maybe it will be okay.

Nope.  We got up to the window about 5 minutes before the movie started, and they were totally sold out.  They were even sold out for the 4pm showing this afternoon. 

So, we proceeded to get back into the car and go home... (Okay, so we took the kids out to a real lunch first).  Ryan was so upset, for the next hour, all we heard was:

R:  "Go Back!  I want the Avengers!". 
Me: "No, Ryan... They were sold out."
R: "Not sold out.  Let's try again."
M: "We'll try to go next week."
R: "Not next week.  Today.  Let's try again."
M: "There's no more tickets left."
R: "Yes, there are more tickets.  Please?"
M: "I'm sorry, but we'll have to wait."
R:  "Wait.  I have a plan.  Let's go see Avengers now, and THEN go next week."

Ahhh, my son and his plans.  We ended up stopping at Target and got an animated version of the Avengers... That helped.

It worked out for me, since I was able to get a few more hours of work time on the web site I'm designing.  I have been having those fun moments of smashing my head against the keyboard, and cursing obscenities at the screen.  And then those moments of: "Yes!  I am a GOD!", when something works right.

I'm praying that tomorrow is a better work day.  Although I probably accomplished something, it just reminds me how far I have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment