Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10, 2012

Outside Temp:  3 F (yes, 3, as in single digits, almost 0... hehehe)

What I cooked today:
Pasta e Figole: I found a recipe for soup with ground beef.  I picked up some ground beef at the grocery store, but I didn't seal and freeze it, like I normally do.  As a result, the meat is turning brown and needs to be eaten.  So, we're having ground beef every night until it's gone (which should be tomorrow night).  Katie wanted chili, Patrick wanted soup.  I compromised with this beef soup, with kidney beans, tomatoes, and macaroni.  Yummy!

Update:
When I said I couldn't get my car out of the driveway, this is why. 

No, my car isn't a VW beetle, it's not normally that tall.  I admit, I could have shoveled the snow, and it wasn't as bad on the van, but the roads weren't plowed and there was no way I was going to waste that much energy.  This picture was taken on Friday morning. 

I did go out this morning and shovel snow, but I stopped after doing the walkway.  I knew that we weren't going anywhere, and maybe by tomorrow, the snow will have started melting.  Of course, with 3 degree temperatures, I'm not expecting much to occur before tomorrow morning.  We'll see how much effort I want to put into moving my cars.  I may have to substitute on Monday, so I might need a car by then...



This is out backyard.  It was really bright when I took the picture, so you can't see much detail.  But it was covered in snow.  Totally covered.  The kids played outside a little today, and we did make it over to church (Grandpa came and picked us up in his truck), but otherwise, it was another relaxing day at home. 

The storm was a little slower than I expected.  I thought it would be done by this morning, and yet it was still snowing this afternoon.  We are keeping the house warm (enough), although with my bedroom door closed, it's probably in the 50's in there.  That's why we invented electric mattress pads!

On a totally unrelated note, my (totally wonderful) husband put the final fixes on my dishwasher on Thursday night.  Which means that I have a working dishwasher, for the first time in over a year.  The old dishwasher only worked every 3-4 days.  I was able to do 3 loads of dishes in one day!  And I'm re-teaching the kids the art of putting things into the dishwasher immediately, instead of just tossing them into the sink.  Since you can start the dishwasher as soon as it gets full, or even once a day (to make sure the milk in the glasses doesn't get ucky), we can actually have clean glasses and silverware every day!  Woo hoo!

2 comments: