Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2, 2012

Outside Temp: 34 F (beautiful day today!  I actually opened the windows and let some fresh air in.. it was a little chilly, but crisp and clean.)

What I cooked today:
Frozen Pizza: I really, really didn't want to cook today, so I subjected the kids to frozen pizza.  I think Katie ended up with a PB&J. 

Update:
We got a call yesterday from the Realtor who is trying to sell our house, letting us know that she would be by today to show the house to someone.  Which means that this morning, I was scrambling around the house, trying to clean up. 

I had a pile of laundry in the TV room, sitting on the couch.  That ended up piled up in a closet.  I really hope they didn't open the closet doors. 

I had it in my head that I could clean until 2pm, when I need to leave for my web design class.  As I was in the car around 2:15, I realized that today is Friday.  On Fridays, we have an early out at 2:30, which means that my class started at 1:45.  I got to school at 2:30, to find that no one was there, class was over. 

I have NEVER done that before!  I feel so bad!  It turned out that 2 of my 3 students weren't there anyway.  The third had some trouble, for which I feel even worse.  Hopefully, he can turn in his assignment on Monday.

After school (which was about 2 minutes after I got there), Katie and I headed into Stanford, where she finally opened her savings account with her $50 check she got for her writing contest in February... Yes, I have been holding on to this check for 9 months.  But, now her account is all set up and she can put money in there at any time!

After Stanford, Katie and I headed into Hobson to watch Allen's basketball game.  They played against Tri Cities, which is the only team they have lost against.  And they won!  It was a hard fought win, but a win!  Allen only got to play the last 30 seconds, but he almost made a basket!

Patrick and I have been talking about me getting a teaching credential.  As many of you know, I LOVE history.  I love teaching.  And, I love teaching history.  That being said, I have a BA in Computer Science, not history.  I'm not sure what the options are, or what to do next.  But, I'm thinking about talking to our Superintendent to see if he has any thoughts.  It may turn into nothing, but since it keeps coming up in conversation, perhaps it's time to do something about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment