Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 28, 2012

Outside Temp: 34 F (beautiful day today.. the snow is almost gone, just in time for another storm this weekend... )

What I cooked today:
Italian Pasta Casserole: I told the family that I was going to make something, but I didn't know what.  And they were going to like it, darnnit.  I started with some ground beef and onions, tossed in some Italian seasoning and tomatoes and Worchestershire sauce.  Then I cooked up some macaroni and tossed that it.  I threw it all into a casserole dish, and topped it with some cheese.  It turned out pretty good, although Allen and Katie weren't thrilled (Connor, on the other hand, had 3 servings). 

Update:
We got some beautiful pictures of the kids from the school today.  A few weeks ago, the school had their 'make up' picture day, so I asked the photographer if she would be willing to take a picture of all 4 kids, together.  She agreed, and today I got the results.  I am so totally thrilled!  They turned out beautiful!  I need to ask the photographer if it is okay to post them online (I'm sure she'll be fine with it, but I want to check first), but you can take my word for it, they are great.  I am including them in my Christmas cards, so if you want a card from us, please let me know your address.

After school today, Katie was frustrated with school and people, which is not unusual at her age.  I mentioned my old adage, "I wish I could put you in stasis until you were about 16.  That way, your hormones would be adjusted and you wouldn't have to deal with the whole 10-14 year old stage (which totally sucked for me)."

She asked if she could just stop going to school and play computer games all day long, for the next 3-4 years.  She said it was just like stasis, but more fun.  Nope, sorry babe, it doesn't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment