Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9, 2012

Outside Temp: 11 F (fun day of snow and wind and more snow!)

What I cooked today:
Lasagna: I've been trying to make lasagna for a few days, so I finally got my act together.  Patrick wanted me to add Greek seasoning, but he asked after I added all the normal seasoning, so he missed out.  Maybe next time!

Update:
Snow day!

We woke up this morning to a phone call at 6:45, from our bus driver.  There was so much snow and ice on the roads, that it wasn't safe to drive the buses.  I thanked him, and looked outside.  There was probably a foot to two feet of snow on the ground.  Our cars were (are) totally snowed in, and there is no way we were driving anywhere.

I called over to the school, and let them know that none of us would be at school today.  Fortunately, I had all my web design students caught up and they had their weeks assignments completed yesterday.  So, even though the school was in session, we all had a SNOW DAY!

I let the kids sleep in, but apparently, their internal clocks worked really well,  Katie was up by 7:15 and the boys were both up by 7:30. Only Ryan slept in, until about 8:30. 

I let everyone play around until about noon, when I made Allen do his homework.  Fortunately, his teachers e-mailed me his assignments, and he had all his books, so he won't be that behind on Monday.

Ryan walked into the front room around 2pm, just covered in snow.  Apparently, he decided to go outside and get some fresh air.  So, he got his snow boots and jacket and gloves, and headed out to play in the snow.  I felt a little bad that I hadn't noticed him getting dressed or going outside, but he looked like he had fun. 

I'm not sure how we are getting a block from the house tomorrow to get to church, but we will find out!  I'm actually looking forward to shoveling snow tomorrow morning.  The storm is supposed to last through tomorrow, so we'll see how good the weather man is!

No comments:

Post a Comment