Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 27, 2012

Outside Temp: 26 F (the snow is melting... but it's still here)

What I cooked today:
Papa Murphy's Take & Bake Pizza: After our useless drive into town, I was irritated enough to decide not to cook dinner tonight.  I asked the kids if they wanted pizza, and (duh) they agreed.  I have finally learned that if you bake the pizza on the tray they give you for about 10 minutes, then slide it off onto a pizza stone for the last 5-7 minutes, the crust gets cooked correctly and isn't mushy.  Woo hoo!  I learned something today!

Update:
The boys have been getting allergy shots every Tuesday and Thursday morning for the last few weeks.  We usually leave the house around 6:45, to get to Great Falls by 7:30.  Their shots are done in about 10-15 minutes, which gets us back on the road by 7:45-8:00am.  A short 45 minute drive gets they to school just as their first period study hall is ending, which works because then they don't have to miss any (real) classes.

But, I didn't want to wake up this morning, so I figured that since Allen didn't have practice anymore, I could bring them in after school.  So, school ended and we all hopped in the car.  I dropped off Katie at the house (lucky!) and Allen and Connor came with me to town. 

We got to the clinic around 4:30, and headed up to the reception desk.  The person in front of me was taking forever, but I was being my normal patient self, just standing there with a smile, waiting my turn.  Another receptionist asked what I was there for, and when I told her allergy shots, she indicated that I needed to wait.  No problem.  Just waiting.

Finally, about 10 minutes later, the receptionist finished up with the person in front of me.  But, instead of asking me to come forward so she could help me, she started getting her things together to go home.  I waited a few more minutes, then stepped forward to get her attention.  "Did you need something?" she asked.  I thought something catty like, "nope, I just thought I'd stand her for the last 15 minutes because I had nothing better to do.".  Silly woman.

I told her that we were here for allergy shots.  She got that pained look on her face, and informed me that that stopped the shots at 4pm.  She did apologize, and even with back to see if the nurse was still around.  She wasn't.  So, our trip into town was a total waste.  Oh well.   To be completely fair, I should have called this morning, to confirm that we would be in this afternoon.  My bad. But, we ended up with pizza out of the deal, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

I also got to end the evening with a meeting with our Community Center.  There is a great group of people here, and I love how involved they all are!  We have set up a time for our blood drive in December, which is such a great event.  They intentionally scheduled it for 8-9 weeks after the Geyser blood drive, so that people (like me) can do both of them!  I shouldn't have to go into town for blood donations, since they are cool enough to come to me! 

The only bad part is that I missed our book club this evening.  I didn't get a chance to read the book anyway, but I skipped last month's book club (I was afraid of the storm), and I miss getting together and chatting.  Next month, come sleet or snow or hail, I will make it (darnnit). 

No comments:

Post a Comment