Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4, 2012

Outside Temp: 49 F (there was a threat of the little white flakes, but nothing came of it... I'm not worried... it will get here sooner or later... please be after Friday...)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Mashed Potatoes: I was going to ditch the family for a second night in a row, so I felt a little guilty.  I whipped up a quick dinner before I left.  The kids were thrilled!

Update:
Busy day! 

I worked at the post office for about an hour this morning, then I ran over to Geyser and got my studded snow tires on the yellow car.  With our first snow a few weeks ago, I realized how much I missed my studded snow tires.  Fortunately, we had the tires on their own set of rims, so it only took a few minutes to pop off the old tires and pop on the new ones.  Of course, the totally awesome guys at Geyser Merc did this for us!  Thanks Guys!!

At school, I had my students finish an entire week's assignment in 2-3 days.  They had finished last week's assignment by Thursday, so I had them start on this week's assignment last Friday.  They all finished up today, and took their quizzes, so they will have a 'study hall' for the next 3 days.  But most importantly, I didn't need to have any one else try to teach the class while I was gone.  I got yelled at last time, so I wasn't about to do that again!

Then, this evening, I had another awesome night, this time with the women from Geyser.  There was the most delicious food, and then we had a hysterical fun of the Chinese gift exchange.  I started out with a really cute Christmas candle stand.  But then I was able to steal this awesome Rachel Ray mixing bowl.  But the bowl got stolen, so then I had something else.  But then I got to steal, so I got the bowl back.  But it got stolen from me, and I got my own bottle of wine.  Which was stolen, and I got a pillow and towels.  Then I got to steal, so I went for this pretty necklace, which was stolen and I got some good smelling lotions.  Then I had to steal again, so I went back for the bowl.  This went on and on for about 15-20 minutes, until the last minute, when I rolled doubles and stole back my bowl.  And the buzzer went off.  Woo hoo! 

I can't even express how lucky I am to be included in this community with such wonderful people.  Such a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment