Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22, 2012

Outside Temp: 10 F (we had a HIGH of 15 today... it was a little chilly)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... shopping, and not here to cook.  Allen made pasta for the other kids...

Update:
After church this afternoon, Patrick and I braved the stores in town for Christmas shopping.  Ugh, I hate this part of the season.  Fortunately, since I used coupons and selective shopping during the year, we actually had money saved up to spend on presents.  There were a few things that we wanted to get for the kids, and amazingly, we could buy them. 

We did fine for the first few hours, but after hitting Walmart and the game store and the office store and the grocery store and the gas station and a restaurant, then going to Target to get the things that weren't at Walmart, I was in a very cranky mood.  And my feet hurt.

My husband suffered through my mood and, after a pretzel and a soda, I felt better enough to finish our shopping.  We got home, and I sent the kids to the other room, as I threw all our new purchases on my bed.  I spent the next hour or so wrapping presents.  I wanted to make sure that when the kids went into my room, they wouldn't immediately know what we got for them.  Of course, they pretty much already know what they are getting, but we have 2 1/2 more days in which to make them suffer with anticipation. 

Tomorrow will either be a day of rest, or we might go skiing, depending on the weather.  I'm not sure which I would prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment