Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8, 2012

Outside Temp: 6 F (it was as low as 1 today... almost 0... and snow... )

What I cooked today:
Bread: With the loss of Hostess, I had a hard time finding my bread at the store this week.  As a result, we have run out of bread.  So, I decided to make up some bread to make up for it.  Of course, I still have my yeast from last year, which means that it doesn't rise very much.  We ended up with 2 very dense, very small loaves of bread.  Not really enough to make sandwiches, but yummy just the same.

Tortillas: We also found out today that we have run out of tortillas.  The kids love to make quesadillas when they get munchy hungry, so we go through a lot of them.  I thought we had enough, but apparently, not.  So, I found a recipe online and made up some tortillas.  I've decided that if we want to do this again, I want one of those really cool tortilla presses.  I hate getting one use tools, but it took forever to roll out the dough to tortilla thickness!  They were all munched up, so again, no complaints.

Lentil Soup: Since it was cold, it was requested that we have soup tonight.  I tossed in the basic ingredients (celery, carrots and onions) then used up some of my turkey stock.  I added a pound of lentils and let it simmer for almost an hour.  The family loved it!  Warm and cozy!

Update:
Nice, relaxing day.  We had church this afternoon, so there was some requirement to get dressed.  Otherwise, we spent the day playing games and listening to music and reading.  We did absolutely nothing of any consequence today!

No comments:

Post a Comment