Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012

Outside Temp: 17 F (and getting colder... a cold front is moving past us this evening, which brought our 55 degree temps down...)

What I cooked today:
Cookies: One of the students at school requested cookies for the last day of school, so I thought I would humor her.  She was so excited!  And, I got to give out cookies, and keep some for myself... win win...

Update:
First off, no the world did not end today.  Sorry, Mayans.

But more importantly, it was the last day of school before the Christmas break!  Woo hoo!  I get an entire 10 days of NOT waking up at 6:45am.  Yea!

We were treated at the school with Philly Steak sandwiches, made by our fearless leader himself!  The entire community is invited to join in lunch this afternoon, so Patrick and I joined the grandparents over at the school.  Ryan also had his first day of lunch at school!  We are going to let him stay for lunch from now on, assuming there are no issues.  He did great, except that he seemed to be coming down with a little cold.  (he perked right up this afternoon, after a nap, so perhaps he was just tired!)

After school, I brought the boys to the school so they could join the pep band at the Varsity basketball games in Stanford.  While I may have complained a little bit, I was actually really excited to watch the games (especially now, when I know all the players!)  The boys are both in the band, with Allen on the bass clarinet and Connor doing percussion (tonight he did both the cowbell, which is awesome, and the xylophone). 



The picture of Allen is during the Girls varsity game, which explains why there are no girls in the band... they are all out on the court!  The situation is reversed during the boys game, in which the only boys playing instruments are the boys in Junior High or the 1 or 2 boys that don't play basketball.  Tonight, we also had a special player to the band, one of our Alumni, who is back from college for the holidays.  Of course, he jumped right up with the band to show them how it was done!  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment