Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, 2012

Outside Temp: 38 F (a little drizzly, a little overcast, still very windy but warm... in the 50's... no complaints here!)

What I cooked today:
Greek Chicken: The other night, I made chicken and tried baking it over potatoes.  The potatoes didn't work out that well, but the chicken was good.  So, I thought I was trying too hard.  Tonight, I just rubbed the chicken with seasoning, and fried it.  It turned out great!  Until I realized that Katie doesn't like my Greek seasoning.  Oh well!

Update:
Ahhh, Sunday.  Always a good day. 

We woke up late (which is good, since I don't think that the boys were in bed until way after midnight) and decided to head into town.

Patrick and I made a date of it, and had a great lunch and then got some shopping done.  Which means that we spent way too much money and time looking around.  Patrick loves to shop, and loves to spend money, whereas I will usually go into a store and go directly to the item I want, and then leave. 

We had a slight altercation in WalMart over the 40 cup coffee urn.  Now, you have to understand, I don't drink coffee.  This would be for hot tea.  I just cannot fathom drinking 40 cups of hot tea in a day or even 2 or 3.  40 cups is a lot.  These things are used for concessions and parties and other events where multiple people are drinking something.  But, we have these tea bags that are designed for large carafes.  Our carafe is not that large, maybe 4-6 cups tops.  Which means the tea is very, very strong.  Hence our presence in the home appliance aisle, looking for a larger container for tea.

So, there is a carafe, but we couldn't tell if it was actually larger than the one we own, or the same size.  And a 40 cup urn.  And these are our choices.  Amazingly, Patrick sat there, practically begging me for this stupid urn.  I couldn't help but laugh, as he was more persistent than my children.  In the end, I explained that we were absolutely not getting the urn, and that was final (in my best mom voice). 

As we stood in the checkout line, I glanced over the items we had accumulated.  And I found an unexpected jacket.  I mentioned that it shouldn't have been there, and started to remove it from our pile, as my husband got that chagrined look on his face.  "I hoped that you wouldn't have noticed..." he said softly.  I glanced at the price, which was almost as much as the desired urn would have been.  And, while I wanted to throw a fit, I had to just laugh.  He is TOTALLY worse than my kids.  And he has a new jacket to prove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment