Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14, 2012

Outside Temp: 37 F (and dropping... it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight and into the single digits by tomorrow night... we'll see... )


What I cooked today:
Pancakes: I'm getting pretty good and making these... It's Alton Brown's recipe, and you make your own 'pancake mix', similar to Bisquick.  Then you add the butter, buttermilk and eggs to the mix when you're ready to use it.  It's really thick, but makes really great pancakes.  And I think it's cheaper than Bisquick, since it's just flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. 

Walnut Chicken: We got home late from town, but everyone still wanted to eat.  Spoiled children.  Fortunately, I had left the chicken out to defrost, so it was pretty easy.  I even made up Fried Rice to go with it.  We finally had dinner on the table around 10pm!

Update:
We went to church and then Patrick and I ran into town.  But first, we went for a little drive up to the house that might be for sale.  On the way, I saw a new friend, pictured below.  He was kind enough to pose for me!  I've been wanting to get this picture for a few months, ever since I saw him the first time.  Okay, so it's probably not the same guy, but he's a close relative!



The view from the road up to a house we are looking at.  Just beautiful.

The Missouri River... iced over... I took this from the passenger side, while we were driving... I'll get a better picture next time.


1 comment: