Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15, 2012

Outside Temp: 4 F (kind of chilly... we had snow for about 5 seconds today...)

What I cooked today:
French Toast: Always a crowd pleaser, and I even spoiled everyone with bacon. 

Enchiladas: One of these days, I have to come up with a recipe for enchiladas that doesn't use the Schillings or McCormick seasoning packet.  Until then, I guess they are stuck.  I need to make about 1 1/2 times the sauce as what the seasoning packet makes, since I always end up with tortillas, cheese and space in my second 9x13 pan for more cheese enchiladas, but no sauce.  If I had the seasonings, I could just make more sauce.  Added to the list of things to do. 

Update:
Totally lazy day for me. 

Allen and Grandpa went skiing. 

Patrick and Connor went into town to get Connor a new game he's been wanting (he finally used up his Christmas money).

And Katie and Ryan and I just sat around, watching TV, playing games and reading in my nice warm bed, with it's awesome electric mattress pad. 

The weather was chilly most of the day (in the teens, then the single digits), so I finally broke down when the temp inside hit 55 and turned on the heat (we had the pellet stove running, but its not magical).  When Patrick got home, he cleaned out the pellet stove and it started heating the house more.  It's now in the low 60's inside which is fine with socks and a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie and a blanket across my legs.  After finishing my blog, I'm probably going to crawl back into bed with my awesome electric mattress pad, and read for an hour or so.  Did I mention how awesome my electric mattress pad is? 

No comments:

Post a Comment