Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Outside Temp: 38 F (the wind has picked up... it's not in the 50mph range, yet, but it's still pretty windy)

What I cooked today:
Chili and Cornbread: We had our adult faith class tonight, so I needed something quick and easy.  Allen joined in, expressing an interest in learning to cook.  According to him, "It's a good thing to know".  I laughed.  Since I didn't learn to cook until the last few years, I firmly believe that it's a good thing to know.

Update:
After last night's canning adventure (until 2:30am) and then getting the kids up for school, I was exhausted.  Katie came in around 5am with a nightmare (probably related to the wind) and then we got up at 7am for school.  When Ryan and I got home from school around 10:45, we both headed to bed for a few hours.  But before we knew it, it was 1pm, and we had to head back to school.

Ryan played PE with the kids from the 1st and 2nd grade class today.  He had a great time, which was totally awesome.  We will (hopefully) be able to do PE with the kids for the rest of the school year, which will be great for his behavior!  It was only for about 20 minutes, but that's amazing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment