Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

Outside Temp: 17 F (and snowing!!  Woo Hoo!)

What I cooked today:
Steak: I cooked up the last 3 steaks from out trip to town.  A week later and it was still really good.  I used to use a thermometer to make sure the steak was a perfect medium rare.  Now, I'm getting good enough that I can use the whole 'push on it' tactic and it works pretty well! 

Update:
Happy Birthday to my Grandmother Welles, who is 89 today!  I had a great conversation with her today, and she's still as feisty as ever.  She was irritated that she had bad cards during her monthly poker game today, but the cake was pretty good.  Her group has been meeting for almost 40 years, and they always play until 3ish, since that's when their kids got home from school.  Of course, none of them have kids in school anymore, but why break with tradition!  I love talking with her!

I was pretty sure that it wasn't going to snow today, since it was 50 degrees when I shipped the kids off to school this morning.  But by 10, it was snowing and down into the 20s.  When I headed out to take Ryan to school, I'd forgotten to give myself an extra 10 minutes to scrape the ice off the windshield.  And of course, the extra 5 minutes to the drive, which made me a few minutes late to school.  Oh well, it all worked out fine.

The snow is expected to taper off tonight, but it should still be pretty cold for the next day or two, so hopefully, it won't all be gone by tomorrow afternoon.  As long as I'm careful on the roads and try not to drive too fast, I should be fine.

Tomorrow, we have to take Ryan to town for labs and clinic, and then rush back for the kids Geography Bee.  All 3 kids are participating (grades 4-8), but it starts at 2:30, and we have clinic in town at 1:30, and that usually lasts at least 30 minutes and it's almost an hour from town back to the school. 

Allen is usually pretty good at geography, so I'm excited to see how he does.  Katie and Connor have been studying in class for the last week, so I'm hoping they all do well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment