Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Outside Temp: 25 F (still a little chilly, but the wind wasn't too bad today...)

What I cooked today:
Albondigas Soup:  Patrick actually made this one.  He found a recipe on AllRecipes.com a few years ago, and he really enjoyed this one.  He makes the meatballs and cooks them in the oven, even though the recipe calls for just dropping the raw meatballs into the soup.  If you just drop them in, it makes the soup really, really greasy.  The only problem with Patrick making food is that he likes to analyze the food while we eat it.  After every bite is the question of 'Do you like it?  What do you like?  Do you like the vegetables?  Do you like the spices?  I used ... blah, blah, blah'.  I really appreciate him making dinner, but the questions get a little old.  Either that, or I'm just cranky tonight.

Update:
We were going to bring the kids into town today to finally get Allen and Ryan's boots fixed.  Ryan needs bigger boots and Allen just needs his insole stretched or something like that.  But, since we didn't even get moving until about noon, and Patrick had work to get done, we decided that I would go into town alone and get my weekly shopping done and we would try to get the boots fixed tomorrow. 

So, I headed into town and picked up my paper and ate lunch while I scanned over the sales and comics.  I came across this gem and had to share...


The moral of the story... Be happy with the crappy partner you have...

I ended up at 5 different stores today, but I think I've got enough to get through at least the next week or so.  I only got 4 gallons of milk, so that will be the only reason I'll need to go back to the store.  I also talked myself into getting 2 papers, because there was a $1.00 coupon off All Detergent, which I really like, so if I use both $1.00 coupons, I'm only paying the extra $0.50 per paper for ALL the coupons in there.  I used one coupon tonight, and I'll probably use the other the next time I'm in town.  There's a sale at Walgreens for $3.99.. hehehe.

I also used my Albertsons Gas Rewards today.  Gas prices were actually $2.99 a gallon, which is beyond awesome.  But then I could use my $0.20 off per gallon, to bring the price per gallon down to:



Woo Hoo!  Of course, I only needed about 6 gallons, since I had the Aveo and I wasn't on empty, but who cares!  I love a good price.

Not too bad for the first day of the year.  I didn't do any dishes or laundry, but there's apparently a pile of clean laundry sitting on the couch just waiting patiently for me.  And my grand plans for a chore schedule have yet to materialize.  Perhaps tomorrow...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment