Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Outside Temp: 21 F (We had snow today!  Woo Hoo! )

What I cooked today:
Steaks and Potatoes: So, I bought some petite sirloins at Smiths about 2 months ago, and I immediately packed them and put them in the freezer.  So, I pulled a few out today to defrost for dinner.  I knew, before they were even defrosted, that they wouldn't be great.  They weren't.  They were edible. Allen liked them.  But they weren't great. I think I'll avoid grocery store steaks from now on.  Just the meat warehouse...

Update:
So, about 2 weeks ago, it was Pet Week for the Auxiliary American Veterinary Medical Association.  They had a creative writing contest, with the title "Love Your Pet, See Your Vet".  It was open to elementary school students, so, Katie's class had everyone (yes, all 6 of them) write either an essay or a poem, to submit for the contest.  We got the call today, Katie won for all the 4th graders in Montana!  She gets $50, a press release in the local paper, and moved to the National contest! 

The best part: She doesn't even own a pet!  Her poem was about a dog having puppies, or something like that.  I haven't even read it.  But I think she's probably the only kid in Montana who doesn't have a pet!

Ryan got to play 4-square with the 1st and 2nd graders in school today.  I really need to spend some time with him, teaching him how to bounce a ball.... you know, little things that you naturally assume kids know how to do.  The other kids were so nice to him, and he did fine, but I think his teacher would like to be able to let him play without her having to hit the ball for him!

We had our faith class tonight, on Peter and Paul.  I learned so much about both of them, it was great!  The DVD was talking about Paul, during the time he was prosecuting Christians, when he was met by Jesus on the road to Damascus.  He took about 3 years in Arabia afterwards to re-evaluate his life before he fully committed to preaching.   Even though he had an amazing experience, it ran counter to everything he believed.  So, instead of just having an immediate 180 degree switch, he spent time thinking, and praying, and analyzing before he felt confident enough to speak about the subject. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Katie! She has to be very pleased!

    ReplyDelete