Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19, 2012

Outside Temp: 27 F (it was absolutely clear tonight... You could see thousands of stars!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing: The kids went skiing and then we had dinner with the Grandparents... Woo hoo!  No dishes!

Update:
I was still a little under the weather, so I decided to stay home with Ryan while the rest of the family went up skiing.  I never realized how much the other kids help to entertain Ryan!  With just the two of us, he was quite demanding of my time... Mom, come play with me... Mom, let's play zombies... Mom, come and get me!... Ugh, I'm exhausted!

Katie and Connor both went down intermediate (Blue) runs up at the ski slopes.  They have really advanced this year!  In fact, I think since I wasn't at the lodge to hang out with, they spent about 6 hours skiing, with very few breaks!  I'm so proud of them!

We had dinner with the Grandparents tonight.  One of our friends gave Grandma some Elk steaks.  Since we'd never tried elk, it was a great way for us all to try it together.  It was great!  Really, really lean, so, next time we might try marinating or tenderizing a little bit.  But it was really good. 

We finished the night watching 'Red Riding Hood' with the kids.  I was a little worried that it would be more of a horror movie, which I usually hate. Instead it was more of a murder/mystery with a little romance on the side.  It was much better than I expected.  I only hope that I don't have nightmares of werewolves tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment