Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9, 2012

Outside Temp: 25 F (it's been getting a little colder the last few hours... I've heard that we might be in for a little snow... )

What I cooked today:
BBQ Chicken: When I made up my chicken stock last week, I packed the legs and thighs into FoodSaver bags and tossed them into the freezer.  Since neither Patrick nor I really care for the legs or thighs, I used to put them in with the stock and just throw them out.  But, the kids really like them, so I thought I'd save them back.  So, today, I pulled out the eight legs and thighs, defrosted them, tossed them in BBQ sauce and threw them in the oven.  Totally easy meal, and essentially free... awesome...

Update:
When the kids got home from school, all four of them started playing a game.  I know it sounds funny, but Patrick and I were both shocked to hear Ryan playing along with the other kids.  He usually does his own thing, but tonight, they were all playing together!  It's not uncommon for normal siblings to do this, but with Ryan, it's sort of like a break through. 

On top of that, he sat with us all through dinner, and actually ate some chicken without us having to force it down his throat.  Usually, we're lucky to get 2 bites into him, before he takes off.  But tonight, he stayed at the table the entire dinner, and ate about 10 bites.  A small amount for a normal kid, but it's really great for him. 

So, we're just feeling really grateful, that being up here seems to be agreeing with him so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment