Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 37 F (argh, warm... snow is gone... )

What I cooked today:
Nothing: Since I don't really count the breakfast sausages I made before we went up skiing, since it was more like a side dish and not a real meal.  Okay, wait, I did have to turn on the oven and it did take some time, and I had to clean a dish, so yea, I made sausages. 

Update:
It's Sunday, which means we HAD to go skiing!  Woo Hoo!


Allen, Grandpa and Patrick took off as soon as we got there and I didn't see them again for hours! (which explains my lack of pictures of my oldest).

Connor and Katie went up by themselves, which allowed them to ski at their own pace.  They both did great and Patrick has a new run he wants them to try next time.  I was a little surprised, when both of them came down the mountain, alone, then just jumped back on the lift... like they'd been doing this for years.  So proud of them!

Ryan is starting to get the hang of the 'snow plow', but he still has a ways to go.  We let him go down the practice slope without the harness a few times today, which resulted in him smashing into either me or Grandma (he broke one of her nails when he ran into her, so I took over the duties at the bottom of the slope, since I have no nails to break).  We had to put him back on the harness, just to keep his speed reasonable.  But, I like to go FAST!  I think next time, we might actually let him go up the mountain with Patrick and Grandpa, just to see how he does.  I think he sees the lift and the mountain as this magical place, and he really, really wants to go up there. 

We couldn't have asked for better weather up on the mountain today.  It was in the mid 20's, sunny and clear with a few pretty clouds, with almost no wind!  I had to take off my jacket, my vest and my scarf.  I even went without gloves for most of the day.  It was simply beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment