Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012

Outside Temp: 33 F (I've decided that we've just skipped winter and started an early spring... )

What I cooked today:
Nothing: After church, Patrick and I decided to have a date night in town...

Update:
We had church today, where I got to do the readings.  Afterwards, our priest said I did a good job and he wanted me to help with the Good Friday readings.  I am so excited!  I still get to read again next week, and then I'm off for a few months.  I just love our church!  They make me feel so accepted and appreciated.

Date Night!  Woo Hoo!

Patrick's parents took Katie and Ryan after church up to their place, and we were bored, so we decided to head into town for a DATE NIGHT!! 

Of course, being us, we spent about an hour and half at the bookstore.  Since my bible is packed somewhere in a box labeled 'Books'  (there are about 15 boxes labeled 'Books' in my garage) and I didn't want to go searching, we decided it was time to get a new bible for the kids. 

We then went out to an awesome Greek place in Great Falls, and tried their 'Illiad', which is a combination of all the classic Greek foods.  It was wonderful!  I think it's because everything Greek seems to have lemon juice in it.  Even the lamb was great (of course, anything is great with served with Tzatziki sauce).

We even stopped at Baskin Robbins for ice cream.  And every day is great if it has ice cream in it.

It was sort of our 'Valentine's Day' dinner out...

The funny part was that we were going to watch a movie, but it didn't start until 7:20, so we decided not to ask the parents to watch the kids until 10.  As it was, we didn't get home until about 9:30, so our big sacrifice was useless.  Oh well, I'm sure the movie will be out on Netflix before long!  And it did give us a few hours to just talk.  Amazingly, after 17 years together, we still find things to talk about!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment