Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012

Outside Temp: 29 F (although it's probably hitting single digits tonight)

What I cooked today:
Burger and Pasta: Woo Hoo!  No more food out for me!  (until tomorrow)

Update:
We're Home!!!

The docs said that since Ryan was totally NOT sick, he couldn't stay anymore.  Okay, that's not how the phrased it, but it's good that we got to go home!

I was even able to make it to the school for the spelling bee.  Neither of my kids did well, but I was there to be supportive.  After all, I can't spell.

I got Katie's poem and her check for $50 today.  They took her picture to put it in the paper, so hopefully, I can get a copy!  The certificate says, "1st place in the 4th Grade Division of the National Pet Week Essay Contest".  I've included her poem here:

I have a dog
Who couldn't get up
She tried and tried

But she couldn't get up
I knew that something was wrong
So I took her to the vet
So I could know
What's wrong with my pet

But when I got there
I found what was up
My dog that I have
Was going to have pups

So in the end
We had six pups
Now I know
Why she couldn't get up.

I still laugh, since she has not only not ever had a dog who had puppies, but she has never had a dog.  She doesn't even own a pet!  My girl has a great imagination

We are heading to Seattle tomorrow, with Ryan. We finally get to meet the transplant team over there, assuming we survive the drive.  I'm praying that the weather behaves, although we are preparing with lots of extra water, granola bars, blankets, etc.  We're also stopping to get chains for the car, even though it has studs on the snow tires... just in case. 

If all goes well, I'll get a chance to blog about our trip tomorrow night... assuming I'm not stuck in a snow bank!


No comments:

Post a Comment