Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012

Outside Temp: 43 F (yes, 43... like, 11 degrees above freezing... I'm guessing we're just having an early spring... Just don't ask me when we had winter... I missed it...)

What I cooked today:
Walnut Chicken: I even made up some fried rice to go with it.  The kids and Patrick and I really, really like this chicken.  It's made with sherry, sesame oil and soy sauce.  Yummm.

Update:
Ryan's teacher was sick today, so we didn't have to go into school.  I'm going to try to make an appointment for him to see his doctor tomorrow, since I doubt if she'll be up to seeing him tomorrow... she sounded really bad on the phone.

Patrick's mom made cookies today, and Ryan got to help!  Patrick didn't want to say aloud how much he liked the cookies, since he thought it would make me upset.  I couldn't complain... I loved them!  And not only did I not have to do anything, I didn't have to clean up afterwards either!  Bonus!

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, so we have been debating which mass to attend.  Logic would have us go to the 8am mass, since we could just get ready with the kids and head out the door as they got on the bus.  But, we know that we are too lazy to actually get up and ready by 7:30am, if we have the option.  And there is another mass at 6:30pm, so I'm using the excuse that the kids can come with us.  Does that make me a bad Catholic?

I got the notification from the IRS, California and Montana that our taxes have been accepted.  Woo Hoo!  We didn't have to pay either state, and we got money back from the feds.  Of course, while looking over my Montana state taxes, I realized that TurboTax made a mistake (okay, I made the mistake, but TurboTax didn't catch it).  It filed my state taxes as full year resident, not part-year resident.  So, today I waded back through the bowels of TurboTax to create my amended state return.  Oh well, I still don't have to pay anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment