Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1, 2012

Outside Temp: 37 F (another beautiful day... got a little chilly and windy this evening)

What I cooked today:
nothing: We had dinner at the Grandparent's place tonight, so I didn't have to do any cooking... yea!!

Update:
Ryan was a little ill yesterday and last night... not bad enough to bring him into the hospital, but enough that I didn't get much sleep.  I think he either had a stomach flu or ate something bad, because he was complaining about his stomach hurting.  He was gagging a little, and his tummy was cramping, but by 8am this morning, he seemed better... a little tired, but no fevers and the throwing up had stopped.  We keep an eye on him, but it seemed over.  We did have a bag packed, in case we decided it was bad enough to bring him in, but it never got to that point... yea!

Today, he acted a little tired, but had bursts of energy and felt fine for a little while.  But we decided he was pretty much over whatever was eating him.  No problems when we hooked up his IV, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Even though we went into town yesterday for shopping, we decided to head back in today because we forgot a few things.  And we decided to stop at Big R and look at the chicks.  As in birds, not pretty girls.  But, they were out, with plans to get more tomorrow.

Yes, we are planning on getting chickens.  I'm a little freaked out about it, but I'm sure (like most things) it will be an adventure.  We did pick up a book on raising chickens (no, not Raising Chickens for Dummies), and I've been asking around to get an idea of what I have in store for myself.  I'm pretty sure Patrick will be doing all the slaughtering, because I doubt if I can handle it.

We had a great dinner at the Grandparents tonight for Grandma's brother's birthday.  I love family birthdays up here, and not just because I don't have to cook.  There's also cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment