Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17, 2012

Outside Temp: 39 F (Beautiful today. Clear and warm. Spring is in the air)

What I cooked today:
Pasta: I actually asked my oldest to make dinner, since we wouldn't be here.  Of course, I got home from the meeting at 8:30, and the kids were on the computers.  They looked up at me with that 'Oh crap.  Mom's home and we forgot to make dinner' look in their eyes.  Oh well.  I whipped up some pasta and they ate it late.  No problems.

Update:
Today was one of those busy days, with lots of driving.

First, and foremost, I went into Stanford today and got my hair cut.  I normally don't use names in my blog, but Scott Andersen at the New Image Salon is totally amazing!  Not only did he make me feel great when I came in, but he explained exactly what he was going to do.  I LOVE my new hair cut!  He kept it long (like Patrick likes) and it's thinned and layered (which I like!).  It's so much lighter and now I might be able to avoid those migraines that I get when I pull my hair up into a ponytail.  I walked out of that salon feeling like a million bucks. 

Then the wind blew my hair all over the place and I had to pull it back into a clip.  Oh well.  It still feels and looks great!

I got the kids home from school, only to run back 15 minutes later to get Allen from Track practice.

Then it was back to the school for a community meeting about a Windmill farm they are building nearby.  It was kind of neat to have the companies involved explain what they were going to do, and how it would affect us.  I'm not looking forward to the big rigs carrying 20 tons of metal down the highway next to my house, but they have claimed that construction will be complete by October, so there is that to be grateful for.  And I loved the suggestion that the company building these wind mills might want to make a donation to the local school... like maybe an IPad for each student?  Classic.

I get to substitute again tomorrow, which will hopefully go well.  And then the school has a concert with the kids tomorrow night.  Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment