Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 46 F (Rain all day... then clear this evening.  Beautiful, as always.  Katie said it was green as Ireland.  No, it's not that green)

What I cooked today:
Taco Soup: I had Patrick defrost whatever he wanted for dinner.  He picked ground beef and asked for soup.  Easy meal.

Chocolate Cream Pie: My guilt for not cooking for the last few days caught up with me.  I decided to spoil the kids with dessert. 

Update:
Oh my goodness, what a great day!

I was a little concerned this morning (mostly just 'new thing' butterflies), but once school started, I remembered how much I enjoy teaching.  I got to teach Montana History, in which we were studying the Great Depression.  What an amazing opportunity to discuss such an important part of our past.  The kids were great and I had no problem keeping them on task and getting them to complete their work. 

I had a few minutes to teach math before we had an assembly, so we did some math drills.  Then, I got to watch the presentation with the kids, but not actually do anything to keep them on task (the superintendent was with us, so I figured that he could handle any outbursts, of which there were none).  I had a few minutes of prep, then down to a wonderful lunch.  (Our lunches are prepared by two amazing women every day, and they are always fresh and delicious).  It was kind of neat to be able to sit at the 'teacher's' table and chat with the other teachers.  Since I've been at the school with Ryan for the last few months, I already know the teachers, so we had a chance to just chat. 

After lunch, I got to watch the end of a video on Johann Strauss with the 3rd and 4th graders.  It would have been nice to have seen the beginning, but the music was beautiful and the kids (mostly) paid attention.  After that, I got to help the 4th grade band students (of which Katie is one), all 3 of them, with their work.  And when they were finished, we got to play a game. 

The day ended with an Art Project with the middle schoolers.  Again, I was mostly there in an oversight capacity, since the Art Teacher was running the project.   I loved the creativity of the students and how the teacher allowed them to embrace that.

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but the students were well behaved and respectful.  I am really looking forward to our time together tomorrow!

To top that off, Patrick's dad got a new 'toy'... a ATV (a Teryx, for those of you who know about those things).  We were up at the grandparents place for a few hours, allowing the kids to drive the new toy.  Oh my goodness, it's insane.  It brought back memories of driving an ATV (with a roll bar) on the sand dunes of Oregon, and flipping the thing over.  I was 12.  Of course, with all the rain, Patrick just had to drive fast through the standing water, and sprayed me from head to toe.  I (of course) forgot my camera, but I will make sure I get pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment