Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013

Outside Temp: 41 F (I heard there was an option of little white fluffy things, but at 41, I'm not expecting it... all the snow is melting on our front lawn.)

What I cooked today:
Chili and Cornbread: Amazingly, everyone (except Ryan) ate all the chili in their bowl.  That's kind of unusual in our house, when at least one child usually complains about either what I cooked or how they feel.  Yet, tonight, I had 2 requests for seconds and everyone's bowl was empty.  Woo hoo!

Update:
I'm feeling better today.. not great, but better.  But that doesn't help my daughter, who came home from school today with a fever and a very, very sore throat.  She spent most of the day in bed, alternating between cough drops, sore throat sprays and Tylenol.  I'm keeping her home tomorrow, since I seriously doubt if she's going to be up to going back to school.   I was at the debating stage of taking her into town to the doctor, to make sure it's not strep throat or something equally irritating.

The good news is that the boys are doing fine.  Ryan had a great day back to school, and even had a little bit of lunch with his class.  He'll be on his IV antibiotics for another 10 days or so, but since he only has them once a day, it's not really a problem.

And, I actually cooked something for dinner.  It's been a few days since I made any significant effort in the kitchen. Although chili and cornbread isn't exactly hard to make, it did take a small amount of effort and for that, I'm patting myself on the back.  Now, I'm heading back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment