Friday, January 11, 2013

January 11, 2012

Outside Temp: -7 (it was just above 0 most of the day, but finally cooled off after the sun went down...)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Soup: It seemed like a soup day, but rather than just add chicken to my soup, I made up burgers.  That way, I got soup, but the kids still got some protein! 

Update:
So, yesterday (1/10), I substituted for the K-2 class, and had my Game Design class in the afternoon.  I survived the class just fine, especially since there were only the 2 of them most of the day... really hard!  During the day, it snowed.  Not a ton of snow, but enough snow that there was snow on the ground. 

The boys had pep band, so we just all headed into Stanford for the game.  Then, we all headed home, in the storm.  It was pretty bad, enough so that when I got home, I just crawled in my bed, grateful to be home safely. 

It continued to snow, so that this morning, there was a significant amount of snow on the ground.  Which means that my children were required to get up, get on their snow clothes, and go play in the snow.
Behind the cool glasses is Ryan!
Allen is attempting to make a fort, which is hard when the snow is so dry (by the way, that's Ryan way in the back!)
Connor had very cold hands by the end
Katie just loves playing in the snow!

The playing outside lasted all of about 15-30 minutes (which was kind of lame, since it took about 20 minutes just to get everyone dressed!).  To be fair, it was about 3 degrees outside, and the snow was so powdery that they couldn't form a snowball (or even attempt a snowman).  Instead, they just did the normal snow angel and bury your siblings in the snow.  They had some fun, but they were happy when I allowed them to go back inside, to their electronics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment