Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8, 2012

Outside Temp: 40 F (no snow... clear and beautiful today)

What I cooked today:
Beef Stew: I knew I'd be out this evening, so I finally made the beef stew that I've been meaning to make for about 6 days.  It turned out great, and it was so easy, that I can't figure out why I don't make it more often!

Update:
Katie stayed home sick from school today.  She will probably miss tomorrow as well, since she is so out of it.  She isn't crying over her sore throat anymore, but she's still stuffy and feverish and not up to normal yet.  I've gotten her homework and most of her tests are on Thursday, so I figure if she spends another day at home, trying to remember how to study, then she can head back to class on Thursday.  Also, if she's contagious, I think everyone would appreciate her staying away from the school.

Today, we got to start our Game Design class.  The first few days are always boring, with going over syllabus and orientation stuff.  But, today, I ran the kids through the basics and got them started right in on their work.  Their first quiz is tomorrow, so I've come up with some study questions that should help them out.  I looked through the class assignments and it looks like a lot of fun.  I only hope that the students are as excited as I am!

We also had our book club tonight.  I tried, really really hard to get through the book, but I just couldn't make myself finish it.  Oh well, I still went to book club and got to spend some time around some awesome women.  And, I got next month's book, which looks a lot more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment