Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013

Outside Temp: 29 F (we got into the mid-40's and as low as the mid teens... still some snow on the ground.)

What I cooked today:
Chicken and Rice: I tossed some frozen broccoli into my chicken, just to liven it up a little.  I had to warn my husband, so he was good enough to say, "It's great.", instead of, "what the heck is this?".  It worked like a charm, and I heard no complaints about the meal!

Update:
Allen came down with the cold pretty badly and was out of school all last week.  On Thursday (we don't have school on Fridays), Connor was the only one able to make it.  Katie thought she was coming down with the bug, and Ryan was acting a little tired, so they both stayed home.  Katie turned out to just be tired herself, as she was fine by the afternoon.  So, Connor was so proud of himself for being the only Simpson in school that day. 

So, wouldn't you know it, he came down with it on Friday.  He spent all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday in his room, either in his bed, or watching video's on the computer, while coughing up a lung and irritating his nose with tissues.

By today, he was feeling a little better, so I'm planning on sending him to school tomorrow.  We'll see if it's okay.  Allen is better and finally went back to school today.  Fortunately, I brought home his homework every day, so he isn't that behind in his classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment