Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011

Outside Temp: 38 F (cooler, and very windy today!  The wind has died down now, so we'll see how tomorrow goes)

What I cooked today:
Orange Chicken: I found a recipe on AllRecipes.com for Orange Chicken, and since everyone likes my Lemon Chicken, I thought I'd try it.  It wasn't as crispy as I wanted, and a little too sweet, and maybe a little more orange zest next time, but other than that, everyone said it was great.  Patrick didn't even complain about it being too sweet, which he usually does.  But he did comment 4 times on how it would have been better if I'd had the rice vinegar instead of the white wine vinegar.  Oh well.  He ate it all and said it was great.  :)

Update:
I feel better.  Not great.  Not fabulous. Not 'the hills are alive'.  But better. 

I slept in the recliner last night, since I would be slightly elevated, which made my tummy feel better.  And I woke up this morning feeling better.  Throughout the day, a wave of nausea would hit me and I'd have to sit down and wait it out.  And I was still tired, but not really achy. 

I managed to eat a few pieces of toast and a banana, and only had to wait about an hour before I trusted my tummy enough to get up.  But by 3ish, I made a PB&J, which tasted much better than it should.  I was pretty hungry.

By dinnertime, I was good enough to eat (which is good, since I put some effort into dinner and it would have sucked if I couldn't eat it). 

Now, with a full belly, I have been drafted to play Clue with Katie, again.  Not that I'm complaining... I'm having flashbacks from my childhood.  (probably more from the movie, than the game... 'Who are you, Perry Mason?' ) 

I also spent about 2 hours on the phone, trying to deal with medical bills.  We were admitted to the hospital here in July, while we still had insurance in CA.  And while the hospital seemed to get paid just fine, none of the doctors had billed the 'out of state' insurance.  So, I've been kind of ignoring the bills, hoping they would go away.  They don't. 

I called our old CA insurance and they said they had no record of any bills from those doctors, so I had to call each of them (there are 3) and have them send info back to CA, so they can get paid.  Of course, the second one I called said she wouldn't bill out of state insurance, because they never get paid.  Which puts me in a rough position.  CA won't reimburse me if I pay for it, and they won't pay them until they send Form XYZ.  I really, really don't want to pay this bill, if I don't have to.  So, I called back to CA and asked them to please call the billing office directly and assure them that they would get paid.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment