Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 13, 2011

Outside Temp: 28 F (Low of 6 degrees last night... it was 8 this morning when the kids headed off to school.)

What I cooked today:
Lemon Chicken: The kids had been asking for this one, so I thought I'd spoil them.  I got chicken breasts from Albertsons about 2 weeks ago for only $1.69 a pound, so I bought 10 pounds and put them into my FoodSaver in 1 1/2 pound packs.  So easy!

Update:
Patrick and I went into Stanford today to talk to the lawyer about moving our California company up to Montana.  Apparently, the paperwork to form a Montana Corp is about 1 page and about $75.  I love it up here! 

We stopped in at the bar for lunch, since the deli was already closed for the day.  I had a really great burger and Patrick had a steak.  It was really nice to just sit at the bar and chat with the bartender about life in general. 

Afterwards, we headed next door to the barber shop, where Patrick finally got his hair cut.  The owner and his son both work there and the son does all the ladies' hair, full service with color, highlights, perms, etc.  He said his schedule is usually booked most days, so I needed to call to make an appointment.  I laughed, since there is only about 400 people in Stanford, I couldn't imagine a salon being booked, but I guess that's how it goes around here.  He was coloring someones hair and seemed to know what he was doing.  I'll probably be making an appointment soon!

On the drive over to the parents place, I had a long chat with one of our neighbors.  She was walking her dog and I just stopped the car, in the middle of the road, and we started talking.  After about 20 minutes, one truck came by, and was able to just drive around me.  Of course, once we finished talking, and I started to drive away, my tires were slipping on the ice.  It took a few seconds for the snow tires and studs to dig in and actually gain some traction.  The ice is easy to drive on, as long as you keep moving forwards.  If you stop, it takes a little more effort.

Katie's class made over $50 with their bake sale today, and she said all my chocolate chip cookies sold out fast.  Woo Hoo!  Their Christmas Presentation is tomorrow night, so I'll hopefully have pictures.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment