Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 14, 2011

Outside Temp: 26 F (a little bit of flurries today, but nothing substantial.)


What I cooked today:
Enchiladas: I was going to make tacos, but I realized as I started dinner that I had no refried beans.  The kids really, really like beans on their tacos, so I made a last minute switch to enchiladas.  I made two whole 9x13 pans of enchiladas, both beef and cheese and just cheese.  They inhaled them!  There was one enchilada left (out of about 20).  Yea!  I did something right!

Update:
The kids had their Christmas Program today.  So cute!  Both Katie and Connor performed their trumpets, which was just awesome.  I couldn't believe that they have learned so much!


I really need to get a better camera, since I took about 100 pictures and two of these are actually from the Geyser Booster club! 

The entire K-8 class performed, which means there was only about 23 kids on the stage; 8 reindeer, 8 elves, Santa and Mrs Clause, two scorekeepers, two narrators and a referee.  :)  The 4th grade, 5th grade and 6th grade each have their own band that performed.  For Katie's class, that was 3 people.  Connor's class was 3 people and then the 6th grade was huge with 4 people!  Allen got to play Santa, which was fun.  And then after the program was over, they brought out the 'real' Santa, who brought bags of treats for all the kids.  I even got a picture of Ryan on Santa's lap (although Ryan wasn't quite sure what to do about it).  Afterwards, Ryan chased Santa around saying 'I'm gonna get you!'.  Ahh, I love my son.  :)

The play was only about an hour long, from start to walking out the door, which was kind of nice, since it didn't start until 7.  We still made it home with an extra 45 minutes to relax and play before bed time. 

Ryan and I also went into Great Falls today to get labs.  Everything looks great and I don't need to get labs again for two more weeks.  I also got some shopping done, so I won't need to head back into town until Sunday!  Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable and i just love reading your blog! Sounds like a fun life:) So seriously, how many classrooms and teachers does this school have? I mean I love a small town feel but 23 kids in the whole school is REALLY small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pricilla,

    There is 36 kids K-12 (including mine) with 4 classrooms for Elem, then the jh and hs use about 5-6 classrooms. I'll decribe it better in today's blog. :)

    -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete