Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Outside Temp: 19 F (it's getting a little chilly... )

Not much snow for Christmas.  But beautiful just the same!
What I cooked today:
Pancakes: My recipe called for buttermilk, and I left it at the parent's house yesterday, so I tried to 'make' buttermilk with regular milk and lemon juice.  Of course, typically, I just tossed a dash of juice into the milk and left it at that.  No measuring.  Then, I assumed that I had exactly 10 ounces of pancake mix and tossed in my 2 cups of milk.  I think there was probably only about 8 oz, because the mix was really, really thin.  Now, I like thin pancakes as much as the next guy, but these were closer to crepes than pancakes.  Oh well, the kids ate them up and didn't complain.  :)

Spiced Apple Cider: I brought cider up to the parent's house tonight.  When it's a little chilly, it's always nice to have something warm to fend off the chill.  And if you choose to add a few drops of rum, well, that's just great.

Update:
Happy Day After Christmas!
After staying up until all hours of the night last night, we slept in this morning until about 10, again.  I'm not sure how it will feel to get up at 7 to go to school next week, but we'll deal with that when the time comes. 

I had every intention of cleaning the house this morning.  I said it over and over.  When Patrick went up to help his parents at their house, I said I would be cleaning the house.  During the day, I kept warning Katie and Connor that we'd be cleaning the house soon.  I really wanted to get the house clean.  And suddenly, it was 4:30, and it was time to go to the parent's house for dinner and the house wasn't clean!  Oh my gosh, did you know that just saying you were going to do something doesn't actually get it done?  Who knew?

We had a great dinner at the parent's house tonight.  Patrick's sister and her husband came up here for 'after' Christmas, so the kids were so excited to spend time with their aunt and uncle.  I love how much time we get to spend with family up here! 

Tomorrow, I promise I'm going to clean the house.  :)

1 comment:

  1. What kind of camera the pictures are great. ........... ......Merry Christmas and Happy New year ....

    ReplyDelete