Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22, 2011

Outside Temp: 33 F (yes, the snow is melting... I'm planning on a dirt Christmas.. :( )

What I cooked today:
Nothing: We were out for all meals today, so I did absolutely no cooking.

Update:
The kid's school had lunch today for the community.  The superintendent made Philly Steak Sandwiches for everyone!  So, Patrick and I went into school, with Patrick's parents, for lunch, which was kind of awesome.  I love how the school invites the entire community to events like this.  I felt a little bad when I realized the basketball teams had home games today, but we had other plans.  Next time!

The kids had a totally nothing day of playing and watching movies until 1, when they were released for Christmas Break... Woo Hoo!  A week and a half of not waking up to my alarm!  Oh wait, I mean, the kids don't have to wake up... It's not all about me, is it? 

We drove into town today to see about getting skis for the kids.  It's $21 per person for rentals, and we are planning on spending plenty of days up there.  We found that the Pro Shop in town has a deal for kids where they can rent the skis, poles and boots for the entire season for $140.  Since I'm pretty sure we'll be going up there at least 7 more times this season, that works out great!

Unfortunately, Allen is too big for junior skis.  So, we had to break down and get him skis and boots.  Ugh, not happy about that one, but they do fit him better than rentals and it saves us the time and hassle of renting for the season.  The skis should last at least a few more years, and the boots, well, maybe Connor can have them next year!  Or maybe I'll be lucky, and his huge feet won't grow anymore. 

I also was allowed to open my Christmas present from my mom early, a new camera!!  We saw another bald eagle on the drive into town, and I wished I'd opened my present a little earlier.  Maybe it will be around next time, so I can get a picture.  But, until then, I can't wait to take some pictures tomorrow on the slopes!  We'll be heading up there tomorrow, after we help out at the church decorating the tree for Saturday's service.

Ryan is still a little punky, so he'll be staying with Grandma for the day.  But the three other kids are looking forward to trying out their new skis!  And the only rentals for the day will be Patrick's!  I'm planning on a nice cozy day in the lodge with my hot chocolate and my Kindle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment