Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7, 2011

Outside Temp: 16 F (the snow has stopped, for now.)

What I cooked today:
Patrick's Tomato Soup Stuff: He offered to cook tonight, which is just great.  I had a bit of a headache, so it was really, really nice to not have to cook dinner.  Of course, the dishes didn't get done, so I'll have to do them tomorrow morning.  :)

Update:
The snow came in today, as we were sledding, which was awesome.  It was about 25 and the snow started in flurries, so you could see different shapes and formations when it landed on your hand or something.  So pretty!  The snow stopped after a few hours, and I think it won't be back until around Sunday.  I just hope it stays cool enough to keep it from melting, or else the kids will be ticked that they can't go sledding!

We talked with the people in Geyser about our snow tires for the van.  We realized that as awesome as the snow tires are on the Aveo, we really can't legally fit all 6 of us in it.  We need snow tires on the van.  There was no snow on the main highway roads, but the roads in town were a little snowy, and the van kind of slid around.  It was time.  So, the tires have been ordered and we should get them sometime next week.

The guys at the place we are getting the tires have 2 really cute kittens.  Ryan kept chasing them around the garage.  I really, really wanted to bring them home with us, but we are trying to be strong.  It didn't help when Lance said we could take them... :)

The kids brought home a flyer about a bake sale at the school.  They are raising money for the Great Falls Women's Shelter at the YWCA, which I thought was kind of cool.  Each class is donating baked goods on a different day, and all the money raised is going to the shelter.  Of course, that means I need to make cookies, or brownies or cupcakes 3 times in the next week and a half.  Fortunately, I have everything I need already here, so it shouldn't be a problem.  I just need to remember to actually do it!

1 comment:

  1. I love tomato soup, is it a great recipe? Do share Patrick's Tomato Soup stuff.

    ReplyDelete