Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29, 2012

Outside Temp: 46 F (It was warmer today, with no rain or snow.  A little breezy, but that's always good. )

What I cooked today:
Chili: I needed a quick meal tonight for the kids, since Patrick and I had a church meeting to attend.  So, I got the chili ready, and told the kids to eat about 30 minutes after we left.  But, they were busy playing video games and when we got home 2 1/2 hours later, they still hadn't eaten.  Fortunately, they turned off the heat when the buzzer went off (telling them to eat), so it wasn't burned.  I just heated it back up and we ate late.  Oh well, it was still good!

Update:
The kids had Confirmation practice at church this morning, so we went to church this morning with 3 of the 4 kids.  I really like that our church here in Raynesford has services on Saturday afternoon (or evening), instead of the morning.  I miss sleeping in.

After church, I spoiled the kids with donuts and then we raced back home so the kids could play their game.

Then, I took a nap... for like 4 hours!  I was amazed.  I never get the chance to sleep that long in the middle of the day, but with everyone playing games, it was quiet and no one was fighting or complaining. 

This evening, we got to attend a parish meeting at our church to smooth over some issues.  Then it was back home again, to get the kids ready for bed. 

The only problem with sleeping through the day is that the day is over, and I can't remember what I did today!  I know I folded some clothes.  I went to church.  Hmmm, I'm sure there was more than that!

The good news is that the 'beta' for the game the family has been playing ALL WEEKEND is over at midnight.  I get my husband back tomorrow.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment