Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 13, 2012

Outside Temp: 32 F (yes, that's freezing, but it was beautiful today, probably in the high 60's!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... but I worked so it's okay.

Update:
Another great day substitute teaching.  I really enjoyed talking with the kids about history... who knew?  And I felt really good helping them with their math problem (fortunately, I remembered how to multiply binomials, so it was a breeze!).  I got to play with the younger kids as well.  And, I got another great lunch (that I didn't have to make or clean up after!).  All in all, a very awesome day.  Oh, and I get paid for it!

After school, Katie had a basketball game.  She's playing in the Elementary games.  They have a K-2nd game and a 3rd-4th game.  All the younger kids from Stanford and Geyser get to play... and since basketball is kind of a big deal around here, it's good to start them early!

She was pretty nervous, but once she got out there, she stuck to the player she was to block like glue.  It didn't hurt that it was her friend (she said she felt comfortable blocking her, since she knew that her friend wouldn't take her scary face seriously!).  It was great to watch her play!  I hope that while I'm working with Allen over the summer, she'll want to join in.  She already knows how to block!


Allen has a track meet tomorrow in Lewistown.  Of course, he informed us tonight that we needed to get a few things for the meet... the meet that is tomorrow... morning... like the bus leaves at 6:40 am.  Oh great.

So, after the basketball game, we headed into Great Falls to pick up the things he needed.  It also meant that we got to have dinner at Fuddruckers, which is awesome because it's another meal that I don't have to make and I don't have to clean up.  Woo Hoo!

We got home late (around 11:30pm) and I am totally exhausted.  And guess who's getting up at 6am to get him to the bus on time?  It's not Patrick. 





No comments:

Post a Comment