Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 36 F (and getting colder... a spring storm is on it's way, so I should have some great pictures of snow tomorrow!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing, again.  Bad week for cooking.

Update:
Another busy day.  School for the kids, school for Ryan and then Church.  The Grandparent's took us out to dinner in Belt after church, so I didn't have to cook (woo hoo!).

I have decided that the chickens need to move out of my bedroom.  It was kind of cute the first night, but now, it just smells. And they are loud.  Not all the time, and they are pretty quiet at night, but during the day, they just chirp and chirp and chirp.  It probably wouldn't bother me, but I wanted to go back to sleep after getting the kids ready for school (since I am still fighting this cold), and they wouldn't shut up... not that they understood me when I asked them to stop chirping.  I guess it's kind of like a toddler playing, when they babble and you just beg them to be quiet for a few minutes, and you can hear them laughing at your through their noise.

I did find that if I put a pillow over my head, it drowned out the chirps, but I could still hear (or feel) them pecking at the cardboard. 

When I got home from school this afternoon, I was blown away by the smell when I walked in the house.  It probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but it was enough.  So, tomorrow, I'm cleaning out the dog room (it was used by the owner for his dogs in the winter, so you can imagine the smell in there) and they are going in there.  I figure the smell from the birds and the smell from the dogs will cancel each other out.  Oh come on, I can hope, can't I?

The good news is that the chicks are all still alive.  The Cornish Roasters are growing really fast, and it's already obvious that they grow faster than the other chicks.  And when Patrick came into the room tonight, he immediately commented on how much they have grown.  Ahh, our babies are growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment