Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012

Outside Temp: 53 F (we had a high of 72 and a low of 22 today.  Yes, that's a 50 degree difference.  I had on a sweater in the morning, and was sweating in the afternoon!)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Mashed Potatoes: We did chicken last night (in honor of our new 'friends'), so I figured we should do beef tonight.  Quick and easy.

Update:
Our chicks are still alive... Woo Hoo, we survived one night!

They were very well behaved last night, sleeping in their boxes at the foot of my bed.  Yes, I know, it's insane to have them, not only in the house, but in our bedroom.  But, we spent so much time watching them last night, it was easier to have them there, where I could hang off the end of my bed watching them.  I'm sure we'll move them to the dog room, and then outside, soon.  But, since it was so beautiful today, we could even open up the windows and air out some of the 'chicken' smell. 

I spent some time online on our Family Tree web site.  My mother is working on it, and wanted me to enter in Patrick's side of the family.  So, we've been playing around, adding old photos and such.  There are some group photos, and the site we are working on allows you to 'tag' people, just like in facebook.  So, you can add 1 photo, and tag lots of people in it.  And those pictures get assigned to those people.  I love how the people about 2-3 generations ago, really dressed well.  No ripped jeans or t-shirts in those photos.

She found a letter from my maternal great-grandfather, to his children and nephews.  It said that they needed to learn the value of money and they needed to learn to live within their means.  I find it interesting that the wisdom from our older generations are lost on us, until about 3-4 generations later.  I mean, do you ever listen to your parents?  Or even your grandparents?  But when you get to your great-grandparents, whom you have never met, you might actually listen.  Or, at least I hope I'll listen. 

1 comment: