Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4, 2012

Outside Temp: 44 F (and getting colder... it was in the 70's again today, then cooled off)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... running around ALL day!

Update:
You know those busy days where you run from place to place and never stop to take a breath.  Now, you know those days where you are coming down with a cold, and your throat tickles and you sniffle a little and just generally feel like crap.  Now, combine those and you get my day.  Ugh.

Patrick stayed up working (like usual) until about 8am.  I got the kids ready for school, then we had to check the chickens (okay, that was kind of fun, but still...). 

I can't remember what I did for the morning (about 4 loads of laundry I think) and then it was time for Ryan's school.  Then it was home to change then Confirmation class at the church.  Then mass and then a Lamb's supper at the church in honor of Holy Week.  I love getting a chance to chat with new people, but by the end of the day, I was exhausted.  Then back home and getting everyone ready for bed.  Fortunately, they all knew how this day was going to go, so we did our homework after Confirmation class and when we got home, they went to bed without complaint (at least 3 of the 4 did... Ryan is still up yelling at his xbox).

The chicks are still here (woo hoo, 2 whole days!) and I think they are getting bigger.  They sure do eat a lot, and poop a lot.  But, with a winter storm warning for tomorrow and Friday, and then expectations of another cold snap around the end of the month, I'm not sure when we'll get them outside.  The chirping isn't really bugging me (yet), but I could do without the smell.  I think they are headed out of my bedroom and into the dog room by the weekend.  Another 2 days of bird poop would be enough to drive me to sleep in the family room!

No comments:

Post a Comment