Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4, 2012

Outside Temp: 35 F (it got as high as 44 today... 20% chance of more of the flurry white stuff tomorrow!)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Mac & Cheese: We were kind of in a rush, but Allen has been asking for macs and cheese for the last few days.  It's a pretty easy thing to make, so I just paired it with some burgers and we had dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes (including defrost time for the meat!)!

Update:
 
Woo hoo! The first snow is always so beautiful!  I snapped this pic from the highway on my way back from town today.  I tried taking a picture from my car, as I was moving down the highway at 70MPH, but then decided that was a little risky and I really didn't want to crash my car as I tried to take a picture.  So, I pulled over into a 'Cell Phone Turnout', and clicked away.  Amazing how much better pictures look when you are standing still!
 

I finally made it into town today.  I haven't been in a while, and we were out of milk and bread (but not eggs!).  So, I hit all the usual haunts, and made it to Wal-mart, where I picked up 3 new space heaters... a tiny one for Patrick's desk, a small one for one of the kids rooms (or the bathroom, not sure yet), and a medium sized one for the main area where the desks are (or maybe the family room, where the TV is).  I have been warned that last year was an anomaly, and to expect a much colder winter this year.  I also stocked up on gloves and long sleeve thermal shirts for the boys.  I'm sure I'll be headed back there soon, but I hope we are a little better prepared than we were 2 days ago... when I couldn't find any gloves or boots or snow pants or hats. 

As soon as I got home, I got a call from the school, letting me know that Katie was sick.  Apparently, she had a migraine, and (like a silly girl) tried to tough it out rather than ask for medicine (which is at the school for this reason!).  So, I raced over to the school, grabbed her, raced back home... with just enough time to race back to school for my 8th period class. 

After school, Connor and I went home, while Allen went to practice.  But, we had our faith class tonight, so I drove back over to Stanford (a 30 minute drive) at 5 to get Allen out of practice early and then race back to Belt (a 45 minute drive, from Stanford) for our faith class. 

The faith class was great and both Connor and Allen came, along with the grandparents.  Our priest is very interested in what my boys have to say, so he invited them, even though it's an 'adult' faith class.  Connor was a little nervous, but listened.  Allen was a little less intimidated, and had no problem asking his questions in front of the class.  I think we all had a great time!

And, we made it back in time for me to whip up dinner, and send everyone to bed.  I think I drove about 5 hours today, which is irritating.  And that doesn't count the 30 minutes Patrick drove to get Ryan from school.  I'm really looking forward to the weekend, and my lack of driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment