Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 14, 2012

Outside Temp: 62 F (strange weather today... cloudy, then a little rain, and now it's warmer and windy.  Not sure what to expect tomorrow)

What I cooked today:
French Toast and Bacon: I totally spoiled my family this morning, with the chance to wake up to the awesome smell of bacon.  Is there anything better on a Sunday morning?  The french toast was just an added bonus.

Burgers and French Fries: I was going to make soup, but I just didn't feel like it.  So, I went with the easy old standby.  I think I'll get back into my 'schedule' tomorrow.

Update:
I had a fun day today.  We had a 'Harvest Dinner' in Belt at the church.  I got to go and help sell our cookbooks with another (totally fabulous) neighbor.  The two of us sat and chatted for hours!   We have been here for over a year, but there are still people that I don't know.  She was kind enough to help me with names and faces, which will totally help in that embarrassing, "Hi!  I know you, but I don't have a clue what your name is..." moment.  Not that it ever happens to me!

I also got to enjoy the wonderful food.  We had pasta with chicken and Alfredo sauce (or marinara with meatballs, but I LOVE Alfredo, so I went that direction), along with a wide assortment of salads and desserts.  Yummy!  But I think the best was the 4 hours of chatting with another adult with no kids.  Who knew how fun that can be!

Afterwards, I took Ryan into town and picked up a few things that we missed yesterday.  Somehow, I was able to hit 6 stores, get everything I needed, and get out of town in less than 1 1/2 hours.  I made it home in plenty of time to take a short nap and then get dinner together. 

And, somehow, my weekend is over already.  Next week is a short week for school, since they have Montana Teacher Conferences on Thursday and Friday, so we get two days off school!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment