Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21, 2012

Outside Temp: 33 F (it was 20 degrees this morning, and got up to 61!  Almost no wind and absolutely beautiful!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing: Grandma cooked dinner for us, so I didn't have to cook!  Woo hoo!

Update:
We spent most of the day at the grandparents house, helping to build the greenhouse.  The concrete is ready, and this was one of the first days with no wind or rain or snow. 

We got the rafters up (all 10 of them) and it looks great.  I can't wait to see it with the panels on!

I also got a chance to do some housekeeping.  I have a closet, that I just kind of tossed stuff into when we moved in (a year ago!).  It's been mostly useless. So, I decided today that my one project for the day was to clean out the closet.  (I had bought a stockpile of toilet paper online this week, and the four boxes were filling up my entryway). 

In the closet, I found: 3 old laptops (that don't turn on), 2 briefcases, a tub full of electronic parts, 5 hard drives (which may just have some old pictures or something important on them), an old ceramic candle holder (which I intended to give as a Christmas present about 3 years ago), a coffee maker (I think it came with the house) and a box of linens (ahhh, that's where all my hand towels are!). 

I now have a cleared out closet, with shelves (the shelves were in the closet, just waiting to be put together), and nice boxes for all my stuff.  I have plenty of space for my stockpile, although I did keep the old laptops.  Not really sure why...

No comments:

Post a Comment