Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 54 F (it was 31 this morning, with frost on the windows, and then 74 this afternoon!  I actually turned on the A/C in the car on the way home!)

What I cooked today:
Chili with Cornbread: I didn't want to make burgers, but I also didn't want to make the soup that was on my schedule.  So, I chose chili.  I haven't made chili in a long time and I think I've forgotten how to make it.  I just kind of tossed things into the pot... onions, garlic, beef, beans, tomatoes, seasonings.   I guess it turned out fine, since Patrick went for 3rds. 

Update:
Thank goodness that it's Friday!!  I have to laugh at myself, since there was a time (not too long ago) when Friday didn't mean much.  I didn't quite understand why people were so excited for Friday.  Especially as a 'stay at home mom', I still had to do everything on the weekend that I did Monday - Friday... I still had to deal with laundry, meals, laundry, cleaning up after meals, laundry, shopping, laundry, cleaning, and then there was a little more laundry.  Weekends didn't mean anything different.

But, now school is in full swing, which means I'm up and moving at 6:45 each morning.  I haven't been going back to bed, since I have plenty to keep me busy.  I substituted twice this week, although one of them was only a 1/2 day, which means I not only had to be up at 6:45, I also had to be dressed and ready to leave the house at the same time as the kids, 7:30. 

My husband doesn't really seem to understand the concept of sleep, especially since he doesn't get up with us in the morning, so he doesn't see a problem with staying up to watch a movie, or play a game.  And he really doesn't see the problem with coming to bed at 4am, and (albeit not intentionally) waking me up to tell me something he read, etc. 

I'm tired.  It's a good tired.  It's not a bored tired (I've been there before).  It's not a depressed tired (I've also been there before).  It's just a honest tired, because I need more sleep. 

And tomorrow is Saturday, which means I don't HAVE to get up at 6:45.   I really hope that I can convince my body of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment