Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16, 2012

Outside Temp: 44 F (and very, very windy!  It was raining today, woo hoo!)

What I cooked today:
Potato and Leek Soup: I wanted to make this on Sunday, but the time got away from me.  So, I whipped it up today, in between my trips back and forth to the school.  Yummy and warm!

Tuna Noodle Casserole: Katie has been asking for this one for months!  I finally decided that it's not that hard, and it makes her happy.  She gobbled it up!

Update:
We awoke this morning to the lovely sound of rain.  Ahh, how I love the rain. 

Allen and Connor had a little play at school today about Mozart, which is fun!  I headed into school early, to make sure I had a chance to see it.  The play had two students (Allen was one) who were both pretending to be Mozart.  The other students would take turns asking them questions, trying to determine who was the 'Real Motzart'.  Allen was playing up his part beautifully, but he lost the crowd when he claimed that he composed his first symphony at 5 (Mozart composed his first symphony at age 8, which is still really, really young!). 

This evening, I got to watch a little bit of the girls volleyball game, while waiting for Allen to get out of basketball practice.  Maybe next year, I will finally understand the rules.  But it was fun to watch just the same!

Allen came home from practice absolutely exhausted.  I think he is coming down with a bug, and so I sent him right off to bed.  He didn't even wake up for dinner, which is totally unheard of for him.  Hopefully, he'll be feeling better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment