Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31, 2012

Outside Temp: 40 F (nice and clear today!)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Macs & Cheese: I almost went with chili, but Allen begged and pleaded.  So, I relented and went with macs and cheese... He was in heaven!

Update:
Happy Halloween!

First off, I absolutely hate this day.  I'm not sure if I was tortured as a child, or what is wrong with me, but I hate Halloween.  I think I never had a 'cool' costume. 

Anyway, the kids had a great day.  The school had a Halloween carnival, where they had games and prizes and lots and lots of candy.  The middle school students ran all the games for the K-6th graders.  We brought Ryan back to the school for the carnival, which worked out great because he loved it!

I left Patrick in the multipurpose room to take pictures of the kids, while I went to my web design class.  This was a mistake, as I ended up with exactly one picture of Allen.  Every other picture was either blurry or from the back.  Next time, I'll make sure to take pictures myself!


This evening, after Allen's basketball practice, we went around Geyser and went trick or treating.  Ryan was exhausted from the carnival, so he decided to stay home and sleep.  Katie, Connor, Allen and I drove around town, stopping at places we knew to chat with friends (and, of course, score some candy).  We had such a great time!  Everyone was so generous (especially the Geyser Mercantile, which gave the kids a stuffed animal AND a full can of soda!  You're awesome!)!

And now, I can be grateful that Halloween is over and I don't have to deal with it for another year.  All of our Halloween costumes, makeup, masks, and bags are in a plastic bin and put away.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment