Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 17, 2012

Outside Temp: 37 F (still windy today...)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... I was going to make dinner, but a totally awesome neighbor brought by a meatloaf and potatoes.  She was making some dinners for some people, and had an extra one, so she dropped it by here.  Which, beyond being totally awesome, meant that I didn't have to make dinner tonight!  Woo hoo!

Update:
Today was an 'early out' at school, which means that school was out at 1pm.  I got to sub for the music and Junior High teacher, but because each class was only 30 minutes long, it seemed to just fly by!

I did get to chat with the JH Civics class about the constitution, which is always a good topic. I hope the students got the basics of the different articles and how the government was formed.  I expect that they already kind of knew the information, after all, can you possibly get to 7th and 8th grade without knowing about the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches.  Of course, when I asked the students if the Executive branch could make laws, some of them said yes, which prompted a great conversation!

Allen stayed home from school sick today.  Patrick said he slept most of the day, except while he was working on homework. His basketball team didn't have practice today (probably because of the early out), so he didn't have to miss practice!  He seems to be feeling better tonight, so we can get caught up on homework tomorrow.

We have no school on Thursday or Friday, due to Montana Educator conferences, which means that I get to sleep in, for 4 days in a row!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment