Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2, 2012

Outside Temp: 46 F (and falling... they have claimed that we might get below freezing tonight, and maybe even some of that white stuff I'm not allowed to talk about... we'll see... )

What I cooked today:
BBQ Chicken with rice: I wanted something easy, that wasn't burgers.  I can't believe it, but I'm getting tired of burgers.  So, I seared some chicken and tossed it into a casserole dish with a bottle of BBQ sauce.  Super yummy, and the searing it beforehand helped to keep it from drying out or tasting boiled.  The rice was a great compliment.  I thought I might have made too much, but it all got eaten up!  I'll have to keep this around as my other 'stand by' dish!

Update:
I got to sub for the Business/PE teacher today.  I LOVE teaching business.  Although I usually have my own version of business than the textbook (and this one was no exception), I think we got through the assignment and I found ways to engage the students.  At least they pretended to be engaged, and sometimes, that's enough!

That also meant that I had PE, which I dread.  Not just because I'm out of shape and I'm old and totally un-coordinated.  But, I just hate PE.  I hated it when I was in school.  I was really lucky today, because the teacher had us stay inside, in case the wind was too much.  That meant that I didn't end up sunburned during my classes.

That doesn't mean that I didn't end up sunburned.  After school, we headed over to Stanford for Allen's game (which he won, again!  5 and 1!).  And, it was overcast(ish), so I didn't think much of the weather.  After all, it was 4pm, and how sunburned can you get after 4pm?  Apparently, you can!  My face is quite red... you'd think I'd learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment